Our community is represented by people from south east NSW who care about the environment and campaign for its protection.
The experience and areas of specialised expertise of the committee and other SERCA members, encompass fields such as:
- On the ground: knowledge of the logging industry’s activities and subsequent environmental damage, hydrology, soil, endangered and vulnerable species, and pests and diseases.
- Activism: understanding of legal issues, political ramifications, collection and submission of breach data, campaigning, and blockading.
- Consideration of Traditional Owners’ perspectives, understanding of the nature of land tenure
- Skills: assessing financial implications, writing submissions and understanding of forest monitoring technologies, setting up motion sensor cameras and wildlife photography
- Community outreach: awareness raising, online promotional skills, forming and strengthening alliances with like-minded organisations, and local government bodies.